Also, apparently working at my laptop whilst in the cobra pose is not advisable.
That is all.
|Me:||I've figured out the most amazing thing. In the morning, I eat a few spoonfuls of something, even if I really don't want to. Then, at noon, I eat again! EVERY DAY!|
|Me:||I JUST INVENTED LUNCH.|
He isn’t typically in my circle of concern. I’m not Catholic, his eyes are creepy, and
I’m sick of his lies about Mary Magdalene he’s the personification of everything that’s wrong with the patriarchy.
But at the end of the day he’s an old man who should not be on the internet unchaperoned.
Somebody get him an adult.
1. I worry that I’m a jerk. I hope that means I’m not a jerk, because jerks don’t worry about being jerks, right?
2. I’ve been taking gabapentin for a month now, and it’s really helping my physical symptoms. My chronic pain has quieted to a dull roar. I am slow to anger. I am becoming a better version of me.
3. But I’ve also been sleeping my face off. Like, six hours of sleep at night and then another six during the day. Maybe my body just needs the rest. Maybe my nervous system is finally calmed down enough that I *can* sleep. For that, I am grateful.
4. For missing so many hours of every day, hours when I could be DOING THINGS THAT MATTER? For that I am not so grateful.
5. I should be working. I have a translation deadline tomorrow. Three thousand words into Spanish. And then French. This project is my dream gig, you guys. And I’m so going to suck the marrow out of it.
Right after I take a nap.
I’ve never done this before, but hey. I went to college. I can write words.
So I find an appropriate boilerplate, modify it to suit this particular situation, and submit it for client’s review.
Client then sends me an email: “This is a bit different than the version we usually use, so we’ll probably have to make some changes.”
I’ll be over here in the corner, sharpening shit.
Do you put it on full strength? OR do you have to mix it with a mud mask or something?
I put it on full strength, but only on one troublesome spot, an old scar. It burned like a mofo.
That was last night. Today I have a chemical burn on my forehead, but it’s not that big, doesn’t hurt, and appears to be healing nicely.
I do not suggest attempting this if you have sensitive or delicate skin.
The kind that comes with salicylic acid and a little paintbrush.
“Mommy! I want to download something on your iPod.”
“OK. But you have to take a picture with me first.”
“MOMMY! That’s not fair.”
“Smile for me? Great! Wait… I don’t like the lighting on this one, wait, wait, wait, come back!”
“NO! YOU ALREADY TOOK THREE PICTURES AND I’M PLAYING WHERE’S MY BATH.”
“You mean Where’s My Water?”
“YES. NOW PLEASE LET ME DO MY WORK.”