“They began to forget the color of the sea.”
Chapter 1 if The Hummingbird’s Daughter, by Luis Alberto Urrea.
Reminds me of Running In the Family by Ondaatje. Is it biography? Fiction based on biography? The language is beautiful but then I’m a sucker for poetic language in narratives.
I’ve read this. It’s amazing. If I recall correctly it’s supposed to be autobiographical, but once you get to the end you’ll wonder how exactly that’s possible.
- gatsbylives likes this
- painedbrain likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- justalittletaste likes this
- cattyfantastic likes this
- felistella likes this
- monkeyfrog likes this
- purepopfornowpeople likes this
- fictionandneuroscience reblogged this from cattyfantastic and added:
- fictionandneuroscience said: ZOMG THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU.
- fictionandneuroscience likes this
- cattyfantastic posted this