1. I won’t inundate you with the gory details of how I got my head back together, and/or how the fibromyalgia thing is going. The short version is that I’m doing pretty well; haven’t gotten upset about ANYTHING since November. And never underestimate the importance of sleep. Sleep deficits are insanity’s fuel.
2. I’ve just discovered Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch, and I dig it so much I read all of original books, all seventeen hundred pages of them. (It’s his voice. So help me.) But I don’t really want to talk about it because then I’ll have to acknowledge that I’m not the only one watching that show.
3. Bean is great. Minecraft is his new favorite thing. When he talks to me about it he sounds like an engineer.
4. The surprising thing about being so close to 40 is that once upon a time I thought I’d feel old at 40ish. But I don’t feel old, not at all. I feel like me.
5. I filled out an application this morning. I want to volunteer at this collective bookstore. It’s a wonderful place, I’ve always loved it, and it really just fits my life right now. I’m stuck on the part where they ask me about social justice and my activism. (Seriously, how the holy heck am I supposed to answer that?)
6. Yesterday I emailed Penelope Trunk. She has been a hero of mine since 2008ish. An hour later she emailed me back. Totally swoon-worthy.
7. In the application mentioned in point five I referred to myself as a “social media survivor”. I’ll probably strike that part, because what if they have no sense of humor?
1. I worry that I’m a jerk. I hope that means I’m not a jerk, because jerks don’t worry about being jerks, right?
2. I’ve been taking gabapentin for a month now, and it’s really helping my physical symptoms. My chronic pain has quieted to a dull roar. I am slow to anger. I am becoming a better version of me.
3. But I’ve also been sleeping my face off. Like, six hours of sleep at night and then another six during the day. Maybe my body just needs the rest. Maybe my nervous system is finally calmed down enough that I *can* sleep. For that, I am grateful.
4. For missing so many hours of every day, hours when I could be DOING THINGS THAT MATTER? For that I am not so grateful.
5. I should be working. I have a translation deadline tomorrow. Three thousand words into Spanish. And then French. This project is my dream gig, you guys. And I’m so going to suck the marrow out of it.
Right after I take a nap.